Major Responsibilities: Under the general direction of the Head Women’s Basketball Coach, act as the Video Coordinator for a Division I Women’s Basketball program in accordance with NCAA, BigTen and University rules and regulations.
Video Coordinator: (70%)
* Managing all video-related activities for University of Wisconsin Women’s Basketball Operations, including the coordination, management, and video analysis of practice, opponents, and game film for study, development, individual instruction and scouting purposes;
* Manage all scouting breakdown and dissemination of opponent and Wisconsin video to staff in a timely manner;
* Organizing non-conference and conference film exchange in accordance with applicable guidelines and capture via internet, when necessary;
* Log and tag all game video and practices;
* Travel with the team and coordinate any video requirements while on the road, such as setting up video equipment for coaches to watch film, and filming the away game;
* Organize video equipment and supplies and keep stocked as necessary;
* Perform routine maintenance on equipment which includes troubleshooting and maintenance along with acquisition of video equipment and software;
* Assisting with supervision and mentoring of student managers assisting with filming duties along with video and digital software
Creative Content: (30%)
* Collaborate with the coaching staff and brand communication on the planning, development and execution of all Women’s Basketball videos and graphic projects in support of the brand standards;
* Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all requisite software applications relative to video production and have the ability to put this knowledge into practice in the creation of Women’s Basketball video content;
* Research and assess new video graphic methods and technology including filming techniques and strategies, video editing, computers, projectors, videography, camera equipment and video editing software;
* Assist in managing Wisconsin Women’s Basketball social media accounts with responsibilities that include creating graphics and capturing content;
* Identifying, developing and providing materials for use in marketing opportunities for the Women’s Basketball program, communicating with the Athletic Marketing staffs, and assisting in the execution if necessary;
* Building quality relationships and working collaboratively and professionally with; Athletics, and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders
* Contributes to other communications, events, and related projects as needed;
* Assist with all on campus recruiting visits and other recruiting duties;
* Ensure confidentiality of information
Bachelor's degree is required with strong background in video and creative development
The most qualified candidates will have:
Technical knowledge and skill in the use of video technology and equipment including digital editing, production and post-production editing, graphics, and photo software
Knowledge and ability to use Adobe Suite (including premier pro and photoshop), Sports tech, Synergy, HUDL, FastDraw, FastScout, FastRecruit and ARMS software;
Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot computer and technical issues in regard to video, software and networking;
Ability to travel and work nights, weekends and holidays, as required by events;
Great communication, organizational and project management skills and a strong ability to work collaboratively;
Self-motivated. Ability to adapt to new challenges and finds ways to solve them.
Creativity, vision and big ideas; ability to think outside the box;
Shows attention to detail and accuracy in work;
Responsible for the strict adherence to all Department, University, NCAA, Conference, state and federal rules and regulations; and performing other related duties as assigned;
Conditions of Appointment: This is a 100% Academic Staff appointment. Salary will be assigned within the appropriate range, commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also included. Anticipated start date on or after August 3, 2021. Successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by no later than 11.55 pm CDT, on the assured consideration date. To apply, please complete the online application here: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/509759/womens-basketball-video-coordinator and attach a cover letter referencing your qualifications and experience, a comprehensive resume as well as the current contact information for three professional references. All application materials will be reviewed by our search committee after the posted deadline. Applicants selected to participate further in the selection process will be notified directly. All applicants will be notified once a final selection has been made and the search has been completed.
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in your online application, information regarding the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
Special Note: UW-Madison conducts criminal background checks for final candidate(s).
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Internal Number: 237596
About University of Wisconsin - Madison
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison dedicates itself to the mission of providing athletic opportunities to a wide range of students in an environment in which all student-athletes can achieve their academic and competitive goals. The Division strives to provide equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and fosters the principles of sportsmanship, respect and fair play on the field of play. The Division sponsors teams in 23 sports (12 women, 11 men) competing under the regulatory guidelines established by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Big Ten Conference, the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) and the Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA).
UW-Madison is located in the heart of Madison which is the state capital and the state's second largest city. Madison has a solid and long standing national reputation as a vibrant and thriving city.