This position serves an integral role within the JU Athletics Department. The role requires a professional that can provide high-quality academic support to a diverse population of student-athletes. This position will be a full-time member of the department’s academic support staff and report directly to the Assistant Athletic Director of Student-Athlete Services.
· Provide support for the day-to-day operations of the Student-Athlete Services Department.
· Advise and monitor the academic progress (continuing eligibility) of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, conference, and University policies.
· Aid in the coordination of annual personal and academic development programs.
· Generate academic reports and summaries for coaches and administrators.
· Serve as a liaison with faculty by maintaining contact with coaching and administrative staff.
· Assist with the academic awards and recognition process for student-athletes.
· Support student-athlete career development and community outreach initiatives.
· Assist in the supervision of departmental graduate assistants.
· Perform other duties as assigned, including serving on campus committees and participating in special projects.
· Ability to adhere to the rules, laws, and guidelines of the NCAA, affiliated conferences (ASUN, MAAC, SoCON), Jacksonville University, FERPA, etc.
· Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, Sport Management, or related field.
· Experience in counseling and advising NCAA student-athletes, with D1 experience preferred.
· Available to work flexible hours.
· Ability to work in a collaborative creative environment producing work that not only aligns with the overall mission of the department but also advances the overall goal.
· Must have a keen sense of confidentiality and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
· Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, operate meticulously, and set appropriate professional boundaries with student-athletes.
· Familiarity with the JU Athletics Department, intercollegiate teams, and operations is a plus.
Individual job descriptions and details on how to apply can be found in the links below.
Jacksonville University is a premier, small, private university with an enrollment of 3,500 students on a 260 acre riverfront campus in jacksonville, Florida. The university reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.