K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for a Specialized Learning/Tutorial Program Post Graduate Intern, which is a temporary, full-time, benefits-eligible position for up to 24 months.
An example of job responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
•Assist with mentoring and provision of academic support services to student-athletes designated as having educational impacting disorders and/or specific, specialized academic needs; assist with advising, evaluating and monitoring academic plans for students; assist with development and evaluation of study strategies/individualized learning strategies; remain current and ensure compliance with all applicable University, Big 12 Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations, as well as, FERPA and ADA requirements
•Assist with scheduling of and communication with tutors and academic mentors through Teamworks Academics; other projects as assigned by the full-time staff as it relates to the SAS tutorial program including but not limited to tutor training, payroll, training and education. Serve as a specialized learning secondary contact for athletics teams as assigned.
•Assist as needed with Student Access Center mandated services and accommodations, including but not limited to assisting with determination and coordination of testing, administration and interpretation; assist with intake interview and/or review of previous testing records; assist with referrals for student-athletes; assist in collection, evaluation, and interpretation of ADHD documentation as it relates to NCAA requirements
•Assist with various staff and student-athlete training sessions (i.e. GA Bootcamp, Summer Bridge program, New SA Orientations, etc.); assist with SA Development/SAAC events where needed; participate in professional development opportunities where applicable; assist with at least one night a week of study hall supervision
· Bachelor’s Degree at time of application in higher education, special education or related field.
· Minimum one to two years experience in student-athlete services/athletics academic services
· Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
· Strong leadership capabilities
· Working knowledge of NCAA eligibility bylaws
· Experience in working with at-risk student-athlete populations, academic interventions, teaching learning strategies
· Experience in working in secondary or post-secondary education as a teacher or paraprofessional or
· Two or more years experience advising NCAA Division I student-athletes in academic support services
· Master’s Degree in higher education, special education or related field
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
To be considered for this position, applicants must complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
1. Cover letter describing your qualifications for the position
2. Resume which must contain three professional references with contact information (name, title, phone number, email address)
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until filled.
Additional Salary Information: Salary range/pay rate:
$10 per hour (approximately $20,800 yearly estimate plus paid overtime) in the first year; potential to earn $12.50 (approximately $26,000 yearly estimate plus paid overtime) after completion of first year with a successful review and budget approval. Paid biweekly (26 pay periods).
•Medical, dental and vision health plans
•Parental leave plan
•Earned leave plan – vacation and sick
•Term life insurance
•Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
•Long term disability insurance
•Paid KSU designated holidays
Internal Number: 511031
About K-State Athletics, Inc.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
LIVABILITY: 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live -- Manhattan, KS ranked #2
KSA Family: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hA_nUQHRJA&list=PL7MqytzxG6db56D7MX9s1Xa2Bh3D2dHZR
KSA Facilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCGK0fuAlJs&list=PL7MqytzxG6db56D7MX9s1Xa2Bh3D2dHZR&index=3
KSA – Life in Manhattan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44uz5W51vk0
Visit Manhattan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrSSMxdm1U