Under the general supervision of the Senior Associate Athletics Director, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics the Game Operations and Facilities Coordinator manages all Department of Intercollegiate Athletics sporting events, with an emphasis on fan and game day experience. The incumbent will be responsible for the execution of logistics, facilities maintenance scheduling, supervision and training of support staff on game management, and event setup and breakdown.
A key member of the Game Day staff, the Athletics Game Operations, and Facilities.
• Will assist with the development of policies and procedures related to athletics facilities, equipment, and events.
• Provide analysis and evaluation of athletics facilities usage discretion and judgment in making recommendations to senior athletic management in regards to liaison with Risk Management, Parking, UPD, Concessions, Facilities Management, Special Events, and Guest Services.
• Develop, and execute Athletics Department emergency action plan and venue evacuation procedures for all sporting venues to ensure safety and security of personnel, spectators, and participants.
• Provide oversight for all set-up and take down of home Athletics game, events, and championships; is responsible for a safe and clean environment for Athletics venues.
• Oversee ticket operations and act as main contact for ticketing; oversee coordination of officials and visiting teams.
• Oversee the maintenance for grounds, facilities, scoreboards, video streaming technology, sound systems, and other equipment associated with facilities.
• Oversee game day staff, vendors, independent contractors, and student staff and all scheduling and payroll; lead paraprofessional employee trainings and meetings.
• Recruit, hire and train student staff and oversee the scheduling for games and events and process monthly payroll reports; and lead game management trainings and meetings.
• Monitor inventory of equipment, uniforms & practice gear in coordination with Equipment Tech.
• The incumbent will develop and maintain the official Athletics facility calendar; manage all reservations for Athletics facilities; and work with student groups, campus departments and coordinate with others on campus.
• The incumbent will assist with special events such as Dave Stockton Golf Tournament, Student-Athlete Awards Showcase, and Welcome Back BBQ, Homecoming, Blue & Black Fundraising Celebration, Etc.
• The incumbent works closely with senior staff, sport administrators, coaches, and the compliance office on contest schedules, and event management, including game day home and visiting team ticket operations.
• Oversees budget and purchasing related to Game Operations/Facilities Management.
• Records management; primary liaison to visiting teams, vendors, and related university personnel; oversees, and performs other duties as assigned.
Employment Status: Full-time, “exempt”, probationary position (with the possibility of converting to permanent). First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed beginning July 7, 2021.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; some evenings and weekends required to support Athletics programming, event management, and game-day operations.
Working knowledge of, and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
Knowledge and experience with application of NCAA, CCAA, and CSU rules and regulations.
Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty; working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques; ability to take initiative and plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs, PLUS two (2) years of related experience.
Athletics and/or higher education knowledge.
Demonstrated analytical skills utilizing independent judgment and accountability.
Knowledge in research, development, and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively; demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form; ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
Ability to lift, carry, and move 50lbs or more.
Valid CA Driver's License.
Internal Number: 500723
About California State University, San Bernardino
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
The Department of Athletics
California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) is a highly successful member of NCAA Division II, competing in the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). CSUSB has 210 student-athletes competing in 10 sports. CSUSB Athletics teams compete for national honors in competition and the classroom, boasting the reigning national champion in women's volleyball along with multiple teams ranked nationally. Importantly, CSUSB has had at least one Academic All-American for the past 5 years and boasts a department-wide 3.35 GPA. The CCAA has been one of the nation's most successful intercollegiate athletic conferences... since its establishment in 1938. CCAA members have won 154 NCAA Championships (102 men, 52 women) which is far and away the most of any Division II conference.
To find out more about the Department of Athletics California State University of San Bernardino Athletics - Official Athletics Website