Under the direction of Associate Athletics Director for Marketing the Assistant Director of Marketing responsibilities will include, but not limited to the planning, execution of marketing plans, promotions, and budgeting for assigned sports.
Responsibilities of the position include: * Position is responsible for generating revenue while maintaining a variety of working relationships and have the ability to communicate marketing information to targeted audiences.
* Identifies, advises, and collaborates with staff and coaches regarding communication needs and issues; provides options on the type of strategy to use with marketing plans and gauges their potential effectiveness.
* Consults with and determines marketing, ticketing, coaching staff, corporate sponsorships, and athletic communications to determine needs and parameters. Plans and manages multi-faceted and specialized projects. Conceptualizes and creates marketing strategies as they relate to the assigned sports and marketing department from creation through delivery.
* Assist with efforts to increase engagement and attendance with undergraduate and graduate students in the University at all athletic events.
* Works collaboratively with key University student groups (ie. Greek Life, Housing, and Student Government) to maintain and foster athletics attendance and support. Marketing Specific * Create a comprehensive marketing strategy and activation efforts for assigned sports that include strategic placement of promotions, creation of in-game elements to increase in-game experience, and in collaboration with IMG fulfillment of sponsor related promotions
* Coordinates efforts with marketing and communication staff for creation of graphics, digital imaging, and creative videos for athletic the department and teams. Experience with graphic design is preferred.
* Implementation of communication meetings with the coaching staff, team operations, sports information, event management for execution of promotions, game day. This will happen in advance of Pre-Season play, and throughout the season at the coach’s discretion.
* Progress season and single-game ticket strategy with the ticket office. This includes year-long ticket sales timeline, the evolution of new and creative ticket initiatives that aid in the achievement of revenue goals.
* Complete oversight of group incorporation, and on-field presentations into home football games.
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
About Appalachian State University
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of northwestern North Carolina, Appalachian State University has built a national reputation for providing outstanding academics. With a student/faculty ratio of 17:1 and an average class size of 25, faculty members are able to take a personal interest in student progress, often becoming mentors, advisers, and friends - even tennis partners. That can only happen in a close-knit community.Nestled at the base of Howard's Knob, the university is located in downtown Boone, NC (year-round pop. 15,000), a small town which thrives as one of the Southeast's premier tourism and outdoor recreation destinations. The nearby Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest provide a beautiful natural setting with unlimited possibilities for outdoor adventure.Appalachian is a public institution and part of The University of North Carolina System.