The Assistant Equipment Manager reports to the Equipment Manager and assists in day-to-day equipment operations on campus.
- Assist the Equipment Manager in the day-to-day equipment operation for the athletic department (Tasks include assistance in purchasing of athletic equipment and clothing, launder practice gear and uniforms after each contests/practice, daily maintenance of athletic equipment, inventory control of each team's clothing)
- Collaborate with the Equipment Manager in maintaining records of all equipment and inventory.
- Serve as primary contact for the equipment operation for select sports at the direction of the Equipment Manager.
- Issue equipment and uniforms to athletic teams, coaches and students and account for the return and condition of equipment.
- Assist in the development of a uniform-purchasing cycle and cost saving measures (i.e., bulk purchasing) for each program.
- Assist coaches in issuance, maintenance and repair of athletic equipment.
- Travel with select in season teams for the purpose of supervising the equipment requirements of traveling teams may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with commensurate experience and AEMA certification preferred.
- Applicants with experience in equipment are preferred and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Ice Hockey position will require experience working with Ice Hockey (sharpening skates, maintaining and repairs of ice hockey equipment/uniforms/travel logistics)
- Position will require weekend work and nights.
About Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart University, the second-largest independent Catholic university in New England, offers more than 80 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on its main campus in Fairfield, Conn., located less than 60 miles from Manhattan and approximately 150 miles from Boston. With its five miles of shoreline, marinas, parks, open space and plenty of shopping and fine dining, Fairfield is consistently recognized as a top community in the Northeast in which to live. In 2018 the town earned an A+ in a 'report card' by Niche on "Best Places to Live" in Connecticut. Sacred Heart also has satellites in Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland. It comprises more than 300 acres of land, including an 18-hole golf course and the former global headquarters of General Electric. Rooted in the 2000-year-old Catholic intellectual tradition and the liberal arts, Sacred Heart embraces a vision for social justice and educates students in mind, body and spirit to prepare them personally and professionally to make a difference in the global community. More than 8,500 students attend the University's six colleges: Arts & Sciences; Health Professions; Nursing; the Jack Welch College of Busin...ess; the Isabelle Farrington College of Education; and St. Vincent's College. Consistently recognized for excellence, The Princeton Review includes SHU in its guides, Best 382 Colleges-2018 Edition, "Best in the Northeast" and Best 267 Business Schools-2018 Edition. It also placed SHU on its lists for "Best College Theater" and "Most Engaged in Community Service," each of which comprises only 20 U.S. schools. U.S.News & World Report ranks SHU in its Best Colleges 2018 guidebook and calls SHU the fourth "Most Innovative School" in the North. The Chronicle of Higher Education also names SHU one of the fastest-growing Roman Catholic universities in its 2016 almanac. .