University of Maryland, Baltimore County, an NCAA Division I institution and member of the America East Conference, is seeking applications for the position of Compliance Coordinator.
Under direction of the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance, the Compliance Coordinator will assist in all aspects of UMBC’s compliance program, including UMBC, America East Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The person in this role will administer the following responsibilities:
• Primary liaison for the Office of Admissions, Student Business Services, and compliance software
• Secondary liaison for the Office of the Registrar and Office of Financial Aid
• Assisting with the creation of student-athlete financial aid documents
• Creation of National Letters of Intent
• Monitor NCAA coaching and personnel limits
• Assist with coach, staff, and student-athlete rules education
• Coordinate all Maryland Public Information Act Requests from the Office of General Counsel and internal audits
• Primary liaison for Bylaws 11, 13, and 17
• Monitor weekly hour limitations for sports
• Assist with the research and creation of NCAA waivers, violations, and interpretative requests
• Approve official visits
• Monitor roster maintenance within ARMS and Compliance Assistant
• Create and maintain accurate squad lists for each team
• Responsible for other duties as assigned
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For best consideration, submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references by May 16, 2021.
As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
UMBC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER,
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s degree and one to two years’ experience within a Division I Athletics Department.
PREFERED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate
About University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
UMBC is a member of the University System of Maryland and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. It is a dynamic public research university integrating teaching, research and service to benefit the citizens of Maryland. As an Honors University, the campus offers academically talented students a strong undergraduate liberal arts foundation that prepares them for graduate and professional study, entry into the workforce, and community service and leadership.