Director of Compliance University of San Francisco
R0003815 USF Hilltop Campus
Job Title: Director of Compliance
Job Summary: The Director of Compliance works under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and Student services. The Director of Compliance is a member of the University of San Francisco athletic department and works cooperatively with student athletes, coaches, athletic department staff, and boosters to resolve and monitor compliance related issues.
Full Job Description:
1. Work with coaches and monitor official and unofficial visits for all prospective student athletes. Work with the athletics business office on all aspects of athletics expense reports, team and recruiting travel, vacation period expenses, and NCAA championship incidental expenses. 2. Oversee and manage all compliance related areas of ticketing.
3. Manage all aspects of NCAA rules pertaining the playing and practice season declarations, and review the submission of CARA logs. 4. Oversee the sports camps/clinics process and the student-athlete employment process. 5. Manage all aspects of rules education and rules interpretations. 6. Oversee all aspects of financial aid including National Letters of Intent, renewals, non-renewals, and cancellations.
7. Oversee and monitor NCAA personnel rules. 8. Serve as the athletic department contact and liaison to financial aid and JumpForward. 9. Responsible for supervising all student workers and interns.
10. Manage and oversee all NCAA waiver processes.
11. Responsible for compiling GSR and APR reports with the Associate A.D. for Compliance & Student Services.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred and 2-3 years of compliance related working experience. Ideal candidate will have prior experience with NCAA regulations. Candidate must demonstrate outstanding administrative and organizational skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy. Strong computer skills including Excel, Jumpforward, and Banner preferred. Must be able to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision. Candidate should have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Candidate must have effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write and present compliance-related information. Candidate is responsible for understanding and upholding the mission and goals of the athletic departments and the University of San Francisco.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
This position, along with all coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of the University of San Francisco athletics program and for the reputation of the reputation of the University of San Francisco. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with athletic department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, student, and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and West Coast Conference rules and regulations.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.