General summary: Under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director for Bronco Productions, this position coordinates and guides organization’s digital video content strategies as it relates to creation and production. Additionally, develops and executes marketing and publicity efforts to increase brand awareness, fan loyalty and revenues.
- The Director will work individually and as part of a team to execute the production of Bronco Athletics broadcasts for ESPN+ and for in-venue video boards. This position will be integral to the operation of Bronco Productions, as well as the production of all ESPN+ broadcasts. Further duties include but are not limited to: directing, technical directing, and operation of replay and graphics machines during live productions; overseeing the maintenance of all broadcast equipment; recommending new broadcast equipment as needed; fulfilling media, institution and internal requests for footage; and coordinating video archives.
Other Duties - Performs and manages traditional sports information and media relations duties for assigned sports. Coordinates day-to-day sports information. Develops, edits, produces and distributes media guides, press releases and game programs for assigned sports.
- Maintains archival files of team and student-athlete statistics, data, biographical information and photos for use in operations and historical purposes.
- Assists promotions and video staff to plan, create and execute promotional activities, in-game elements, video board operations and game environment experience. Serves as an on-site manager of in-game event staff for designated games. Assists in ensuring public address, video and in-game entertainment script fulfills obligations and encourages fan interaction.
- Responds to media requests, assists with interviews, conducts photo shoots, maintains assigned areas on the Intercollegiate Athletics website and other athletic affiliated web pages and social media elements.
- Identifies and prioritizes marketing initiatives with assistance of coaches and staff. Determines appropriate budget allocations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. At least one year of experience working in live sports video production at the collegiate or professional level. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience designing and producing social media and website graphics, flyers and other types of promotional material in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. - Professional experiences associated with basketball primarily, but other sports will also be considered.
Additional Salary Information: Application Materials are due by October 29, 2020.
- Staff Compensation System pay grades and rates are available using the URL below: http://wmich.edu/sites/default/files/other/u152/2018/hr-staff-compensation-pay-structure-07-01-2018.pdf
- Western Michigan University offers generous benefits to its employees including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement, and tuition discount for the employee and tuition remission for eligible dependents. To access information about the specific benefits available for this position, GO TO:
Internal Number: 0605466
About Western Michigan University
Western Michigan University is a learner-centered, research university, building intellectual inquiry and discovery into undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in a way that fosters knowledge and innovation, and transforms wisdom into action. As a public university, WMU provides leadership in teaching, research, learning, and service, and is committed to enhancing the future of our global citizenry.Nationally and internationally recognized, the University aspires to distinguish itself as learner centered, discovery driven, and globally engaged.The synergy of these three pillars enables WMU to be a premier and distinctive university of choice. Western Michigan University offers all students a learning community designed for and dedicated to their success. We are committed to access and affordability, and sustaining an environment in which every student can meet the world head-on and triumph.WMU has more than 250,000 alumni worldwide, living in all 50 U.S. states and some 140 other countries. Of the University's total alumni, about 73 percent —183,831—reside in America and about 51 percent—128,887—reside in Michigan.•The University has a diverse student body, with minorit...y groups making up 23 percent, graduate students 21 percent and international students 8 percent.•Despite its size and complexity, WMU has a 17-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, two-thirds of undergraduate classes have 30 or fewer students, and undergraduates have ample opportunities to work closely with faculty researchers and artists.•Within three months of graduation, 91 percent of alumni are employed, engaged in military service or full-time volunteer work, or continuing their education; 88 percent are satisfied with their jobs; and 85 percent have jobs related to their degree.•Ranked No. 1 among Top U.S. Sales Schools by Study.com, the sales and business marketing program is one of just a handful of majors focusing on both selling and sales leadership and since 2007 has been recognized by the Sales Education Foundation as being one of the Top University Sales Programs.•National researcher Gartner lists the integrated supply management program among the nation's 10 leading supply chain undergraduate programs and has done so for the past three years.•WMU has the world’s oldest, largest and premiere blindness and low vision studies program of its kind in the world.•The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business as well as among the select 1 percent that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics adds to the vitality of campus life. WMU is committed to gender equity and is an NCAA Division I school in the Mid-American Conference (Football Bowl Subdivision) and National Collegiate Hockey Conference.•By posting the league's best overall GPA for the academic year, the 398 student-athletes in WMU's 15 Mid-American Conference sports brought home the 2016-17 MAC Institutional Academic Achievement Award.•WMU's male student-athletes have had the highest overall GPA in the Mid-American Conference five times, capturing the MAC's academic achievement award for men more often than any other school in the league.