Assists with the day-to-day operation of the Tulane Football Video Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with Videotaping of all practices and home/away football games.
2. Assist with editing and breakdown of practice and game videos to coaching staff specifications. 3. Help ensure that all video equipment is properly maintained, repaired, and functioning.
4. Assist with shooting and editing of highlight and recruiting videos.
5. Assist with film exchange.
6. Help train and mentor student assistants.
7. Ability to interact effectively with coaches, administrators, student athletes and student workers.
8. NCAA Related: Follows NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations. Seeks interpretations from the compliance staff before acting when necessary. Reports potential rules violations immediately. Completes required compliance paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. Monitors all of their areas and/or programs activities closely to maintain compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
9. Perform other duties as requested or required, whether or not specifically mentioned in this job description.
Bachelor’s Degree in Video, Broadcasting, Sport Management or a related field.
Organized, self-starter, intrinsically motivated
Proven ability to multi-task effectively
Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
Proficient computer skills
Knowledgeable of XOS or DVSport
Knowledgeable of the Adobe Creative Suite
Knowledgeable of Social Media
Passion to pursue college athletics as a career
Travel with Football for away contests
Availability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Graduate assistants must be admitted to a Tulane university graduate program. Various graduate exam scores are potentially a requirement for admission and vary by program.
To Apply: Please send Cover Letter, Resume, names and phone numbers of three (3) references in pdf format and any links to post-production work to Brandon Vyhnalek at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Tulane Graduate Programs and deadlines, please visit: https://tulane.edu/admission-aid/graduate-admission
About Tulane Athletics
Founded in 1834, Tulane is one of the most highly regarded and selective independent research universities in the United States. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, we take pride in being a part of this select group of 62 universities with “pre-eminent programs of graduate and professional education and scholarly research.” Our schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in the liberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, social work, medicine and public health and tropical medicine. With a seventeen-sport program that competes in the American Athletic Conference, Tulane Athletics is on the rise, boasting one of the oldest and most storied athletics programs in the Southeast, and indeed the nation.