• Supervision of assigned sport programs. Routine monitoring of overall operation of each program including but not limited to student-athlete recruitment, retention, graduation, compliance, fundraising, budget addressing any issues or concerns.
• Supervision and management of Graduate Assistant role and responsibilities.
• Supervision of Athletic Communications.
• Major Engagement Events. Organize, collaborate and manage major events such as homecoming, hall of fame induction, athletics golf tournament, awards banquets, etc.
• Fundraising: Meet or exceed goals revenue goals for the Yellow Jacket Corporate Sponsorship Program and annual AIC Athletics golf tournament. Actively pursue potential donors and partnerships beneficial to the college.
• Fundraising: Maintain donor records (contact reports, proposals and next steps) in Raiser's Edge. Identify new prospects in collaboration with Institutional Advancement Staff.
• Vendor Relationships and Activation of Sponsor Assets: Maintain positive vendor relationships and ensure all partnership/sponsorship assets are being activated and assurance that all parties are obtaining what was agreed upon.
• Alumni Stewardship & Events: Develop regular alumni stewardship through banquets and events, etc.
• Alumni Engagement: Develop routine communications with coaches and athletics staff directed at alums. Cultivate further alumni engagement.
• Marketing and Promotions: Enhancement of the game and fan experience through a variety of marketing and promotional activities at athletic events.
Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree
Required Field of Expertise: Higher Education; Athletics Development/Fundraising, Strategic Planning/Vision, Alumni Cultivation
Communicates effectively with all levels of the institution and outside constituents
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Works collaboratively with students, and other college departments.
Communicates changes effectively.
Reacts well under pressure. Strong computer skills, analytical skills and well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Develops realistic action plans.
This is a full time, exempt level, benefits eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30am – 4:30pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Evening, weekend, and holiday event work required as the schedule dictates.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 2384
About American International College
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.