The successful candidate for Director of Compliance works under the guidance of the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student Athlete Welfare, assisting in all aspects of NCAA compliance work concerning the interpretation, education, and enforcement of NCAA rules and regulations as it relates to 32 varsity sports.
- Updates department manuals and forms.
- Educates coaches, athletic department employees, institutional staff, and enrolled student-athletes on NCAA compliance and academic requirements.
- Tracks transfer eligibility and coordinates with other institutions regarding transfer status (ex: notification to transfer)
- Coordinates the declaration of playing and practice seasons.
- Assists in the writing and submission of waivers, interpretations, or violations concerning NCAA legislation.
- Maintains NCAA squad lists and student-athlete files.
- Monitors Eligibility Center status to include both academics and amateurism.
- Tracks the completion and submission of logs concerning recruiting and countable athletics activity.
- Coordinates annual testing program in accordance with NCAA requirements related to recruiting off campus.
- Manages all aspects of official and unofficial visits to include approval, maintenance of pass list, and management of related expenses.
- Serve as Sports Administrator for select sport programs as assigned/needed by Senior Associate Athletic Director and Deputy Athletic Director
J.D. preferred; Master's degree required. Previous experience in NCAA compliance including working knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations (3 years of NCAA compliance experience preferred). Knowledge of NCAA technological processes such as CA and LSDBi (working knowledge of Front Rush, Colleague UI preferred). Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
About Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart University, the second-largest independent Catholic university in New England, offers more than 80 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on its main campus in Fairfield, Conn., located less than 60 miles from Manhattan and approximately 150 miles from Boston. With its five miles of shoreline, marinas, parks, open space and plenty of shopping and fine dining, Fairfield is consistently recognized as a top community in the Northeast in which to live. In 2018 the town earned an A+ in a 'report card' by Niche on "Best Places to Live" in Connecticut. Sacred Heart also has satellites in Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland. It comprises more than 300 acres of land, including an 18-hole golf course and the former global headquarters of General Electric. Rooted in the 2000-year-old Catholic intellectual tradition and the liberal arts, Sacred Heart embraces a vision for social justice and educates students in mind, body and spirit to prepare them personally and professionally to make a difference in the global community. More than 8,500 students attend the University's six colleges: Arts & Sciences; Health Professions; Nursing; the Jack Welch College of Busin...ess; the Isabelle Farrington College of Education; and St. Vincent's College. Consistently recognized for excellence, The Princeton Review includes SHU in its guides, Best 382 Colleges-2018 Edition, "Best in the Northeast" and Best 267 Business Schools-2018 Edition. It also placed SHU on its lists for "Best College Theater" and "Most Engaged in Community Service," each of which comprises only 20 U.S. schools. U.S.News & World Report ranks SHU in its Best Colleges 2018 guidebook and calls SHU the fourth "Most Innovative School" in the North. The Chronicle of Higher Education also names SHU one of the fastest-growing Roman Catholic universities in its 2016 almanac. .