Assist the Assistant AD/Facilities & Operations with all aspects of athletic facilities and game operations. Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise intercollegiate athletic events as assigned. Oversee event staff, work with other department staff (i.e. Sports Information, Marketing), work with other campus departments (i.e. Physical Plant, Campus Security), as well as outside vendors, and game officials. Assist with the staffing and scheduling of student workers. Train game day staff. Assist with physical setup and breakdown of events as needed. Resolve complaints or problems that arise during events.
- Assist in the scheduling of games and practices in athletic facilities. Work with coaches to ensure their schedules are up-to-date and do not conflict with other teams.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of athletic facilities and equipment. Oversee repairs as needed.
- Assist in the management of the athletic department vehicle fleet. Ensure department policies and procedures are followed specific to the scheduling of vehicle use, issuing of keys, EZ Passes, and vehicle maintenance.
- This is a 9-month position beginning on August 17, 2020. It is renewable for a second year based on academic and professional performance.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required, preferably in Sports Management or a related field. • Must be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at Providence College. • Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once. • Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the Providence College community. • Willingness to work long hours, nights, and weekends. • Experience in athletic administration, preferably in Facilities/Operations
Internal Number: Student-000854-P
About Providence College
What We ValueProvidence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.