Under the direction of the Associate/Assistant Athletic Director of Development/Director of the Catamount Club the successful candidate will have a visible role in the Western Carolina University Athletics Department working as a member of the Catamount Club Development team expected to meet and exceed annual fundraising goals for WCU Athletics. The individual will be charged with managing a donor portfolio with specific focus on membership renewals, giving level upgrades, identification of new prospects, and gifts for specific sports. Other responsibilities include assisting in the coordination of special events and coordinating donor hospitality on game days. More specifically: Assist in the development, implementation, and execution of strategies, policies, goals, and objectives related to fundraising for Western Carolina University Athletics.
- Work as part of the Athletics Development team to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward of annual fund donors and major gift prospects.
- Assistant Director must actively work to grow the Catamount Club annual fund membership and special projects through on and off campus visits.
- Execute marketing and promotional strategies of the Catamount Club.
- Assist in directing mail communications with the donor base including solicitations and renewals.
- Assist in the supervision of donor parking priority and donor ticket priority.
- Assist in the coordination of Catamount Club special events including the Catamount Golf Tour, Student Athlete Scholarship Gala, Catamount Club publications, and the Catamount Club phon-a-thon.
- Execute all game day fundraising activities including pre game events for Football, Basketball and Baseball.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Associate/Assistant Athletic Director for Development.
-Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Candidate must have experience in Fundraising, preferably in Collegiate Athletics. This position involves local and occasional out of state travel. Flexibility, including necessity of frequent night and weekend work, is required.
Internal Number: #001673
About Western Carolina University Athletics
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks.Western Carolina University uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. Proper documentation of identity and employability are required at the time of employment.Credential VerificationAll new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified within 30 days of employment. All new employees who will be teaching are required to provide official transcripts within 30 days of employment. Transcripts should be provided for the highest earned degree and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements.AA/EOEWestern Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, and veteran status, consistent with applicable federal, state and... local laws, regulations, and policies, and the policies of The University of North Carolina. Additionally, the University promotes the realization of equal employment opportunity for minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans through its affirmative action program.Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please call (828) 227-7218 or email at email@example.com.