The Assistant Director of Athletic Communications (ADAC) will be responsible for assisting the Director of Athletic Communications in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Athletic Communications Office, which services a highly successful program of 25 Division III sports teams in the Centennial Conference.
· Assist in coordinating and staffing all home events with the purpose of recording stats, managing the game ‘press box’ area, providing all announcements, and serving as the official scorer for all events.
· Compile and report all required statistics to the Centennial Conference and NCAA.
· Nominate student-athletes for relevant Centennial Conference and coaches’ association awards by the publicized deadlines.
· Write press releases for events and special accomplishments for Ursinus website, local media, and campus communications.
· Promote Ursinus athletics with video (highlight packages, features), social media, and graphics
· Serve as secondary media contact for all Ursinus sports and promote team stories to media outlets.
· Respond to media requests for articles, photos, interviews and videos.
· Update and maintain Ursinus’ athletics website with current statistics, records, game notes, rosters and photos, both during the season and after the season ends, for archival purposes.
· Create game-day programs for home events
· Work with coaches to promote team successes via the website (on and off the field), including but not limited to academic achievement, community service, individual athletic awards and recognition.
· Help to coordinate and oversee the Athletic Department's social media presence across multiple platforms.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletic Communications
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, sports management, or related field
· 2-6 years’ experience in athletic communications and/or media relations
· Sports Information experience at a higher education level is preferred
· Knowledge of StatCrew statistical software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and planning ability
· Knowledge of NCAA and Centennial Conference rules and regulations
· Ability to manage student-workers.
· Some experience in web site management (Presto) is preferred
· Extensive knowledge of video production and social media platforms preferred
· Ability to work varied schedules – nights and weekends during academic year
About Ursinus College
Ursinus College is an AA/EO Employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.