Under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, the Assistant/Associate Director of Compliance will assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive athletics compliance program that seeks to ensure compliance with NCAA, Big Ten Conference, WCHA and institutional rules.
Primary work responsibilities include:
• Serve as compliance liaison to specified sport(s)
• Coordinate recruiting monitoring efforts including but not limited to reviewing official visit documentation, recruiting reimbursement requests, phone logs/off-campus recruiting logs, sport-specific dead period reminders
• Contact for NCAA initial eligibility and amateurism matters including serving as the NCAA Eligibility Center liaison and filing initial eligibility waivers
• Provide assistance with institutional and non-institutional camps and clinics, ensuring all NCAA rules and requirements are met
• Oversight of Volunteer coach, student assistant coach and manager registration, which includes tracking CPR requirements,ensuring Criminal Background Check requirements are met as a safety precaution for student-athletes, staff, etc.
• Maintenance of compliance forms on Jump Forward and UWBadgers.com
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree is preferred.
A minimum of four (4) years of professional work experience in Division I Collegiate Athletics compliance administration is required.
Conditions of Appointment: This is a 100%, renewable Academic Staff appointment. Salary will be assigned within the appropriate range, commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also included. Anticipated start date on or after June 1, 2019. Successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 11:55 p.m. CDT, on the assured consideration date. To apply, please complete the online application here:https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/500952/assistant-or-associate-director-of-compliance and attach a letter of application addressing your qualifications and experience specifically relating to the responsibilities of this position, a comprehensive resume as well as the current contact information for three professional references. All application materials will be reviewed by our search committee after the posted deadline. Applicants selected to participate further in the selection process will be notified directly. All applicants will be notified once a final selection has been made and the search has been completed.
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in your online application, information regarding the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
Special Note: UW-Madison conducts criminal background checks for final candidate(s).
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Internal Number: 98217
About University of Wisconsin-Madison
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison dedicates itself to the mission of providing athletic opportunities to a wide range of students in an environment in which all student-athletes can achieve their academic and competitive goals. The Division strives to provide equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and fosters the principles of sportsmanship, respect and fair play on the field of play. The Division sponsors teams in 23 sports (12 women, 11 men) competing under the regulatory guidelines established by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Big Ten Conference, the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) and the Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA).
UW-Madison is located in the heart of Madison which is the state capital and the state's second largest city. Madison has a solid and long standing national reputation as a vibrant and thriving city.