The Business Associate for Athletics will be responsible for the financial operations and record-keeping of the Athletics Department and be a liaison to the finance department.
Functioning under administrative direction, employees allocated to this classification typically coordinate and manage the business/financial and/or administrative operations of a unit.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of financial and budgetary controls within the department including the supervision of all financial activity to insure compliance with State and University regulations
• Prepare budget forms and reports for each of the sport programs and support groups within the department of intercollegiate athletics
• Prepare and complete annual NCAA EADA reporting
• Serve as the internal liaison with campus comptroller, accounting and purchasing departments for all athletics’ purchasing and business operations
• Coordinate all of the department’s University purchasing cards and the processes involved with reporting and management in regards to processing and reconciliations
• Maintain confidential records and files essential to office operation
• Is responsible for overseeing the athletic insurance process including acquisitions of policy and claims payment procedures
• Provides leadership and supervision to special projects as assigned
• Evaluate best practices and maximize system functionality to support analysis
• Performs other duties as assigned by the senior staff members
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or a field related to the position
2. Two years of professional level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, one year of which was at an administrative level
3. Additional education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position may be required
Internal Number: S190256P
About Chicago State University
Chicago State University is committed to diversity and inclusion in our campus community and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to join our team. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provide equal opportunity in our educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, gender, religion, age, ability, sexual orientation or national origin.