Operations, Operations - Administrative Support, Operations - Business Office
Description: This position is responsible for overseeing all business and financial activity of the TAMU-CC Athletic Department.
- Manage financial matters in the Department of Athletics to assure compliance with University, Texas A&M System, Southland Conference and NCAA policies.
- Assist and advise coaches and staff in discharging their responsibilities, including financial, within fiscal policy constraint.
- Provide, prepare, and review monthly budget reports with coaches and staff. Prepare ad hoc financial reports as requested by Director of Athletics and Deputy Athletics Director for Internal Operations.
- Act as liaison with various entities on campus including Assistant VP for Financial Affairs, Comptroller, Accounting and Budget Office. Work closely with staff accountant on all financial reporting, including NCAA annual report, yearly NCAA audit, and other required reports (EADA, etc.).
- Supervise all aspects of the athletic equipment & apparel contract and equipment room.
- Serve as Sport Administrator for assigned sports.
Budget and Compliance:
- Reconcile all accounts and transactions and monitor accounts to ensure the department is operating within budget constraints.
- Approve all Purchase Card Transactions, purchase orders, as well as all Travel requests and reports, in a timely manner.
- Supervise billing and collecting of all accounts receivable, including those for advertising and sponsorship sales.
- Oversee all cash handling activities of the Athletic Department.
- Work with Office of Athletic Compliance to ensure all purchases and travel by coaches and staff is permissible per NCAA rules and regulations.
- Primary contact with the Department of Human Resources and with the Executive Assistant. Oversee all areas of this department within athletics.
- Execute the hiring process for all full-time and part-time workers, as well as student workers for the department.
- Oversee hiring of works for all Athletic camps.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Deputy Athletic Director for Internal Operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field.
Four (4) years of related experience.
Must demonstrate skill in quantitative financial analysis and budgetary control.
Advanced analytical, evaluative, objective critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
Ability to compile and prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analyses and reports using spreadsheets and information from data warehouses. Must be able to interpret data for management use.
Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience working in intercollegiate athletics setting.
Master’s Degree in finance or accounting.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid academic reputation, renowned faculty and highly-rated degree programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. With palm tree-lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and a university beach, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is the only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast.Texas A&M Corpus Christi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (361) 825-2630.