Quinnipiac University's Office of Athletic Communications seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Digital Media to support the strategic execution of all multimedia, creative content, and social/digital media for Quinnipiac Athletics’ 21 varsity sports teams.
· Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC, ECAC Hockey and Big East Conference rules and regulations
· Serve as a consistent presence at assigned events to produce content with the intent of showcasing the Quinnipiac story in a high-quality manner
· Create timely pieces of content that are intended for use on social media and other digital platforms
· Shoot, edit, and package long-form features that showcase the overall student-athlete experience at Quinnipiac
· Work collectively with other Athletic Communications staff to determine content plan, schedule, and overall brand identity (including logistics coordination, video shooting, music and sound effect selection, computer graphics, animation, digital effect creation, editing and tape duplication)
· Assist with the production of video content for in-venue video boards
· Stay up-to-date on industry trends and ensure that Quinnipiac remains at the forefront of the digital media landscape
· Adapt to the ever-changing landscape of the digital media and collegiate athletics fields and show flexibility when working with different coaches, student-athletes, and programs
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree required
· 1-2 years of work experience in digital media, content creation, preferable in an Athletics field
· Proficient knowledge of camera usage, lighting, sound and editing
· Proficient in all video editing software platforms
· Video content creation experience at the college or professional level
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software, specifically Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
· Must possess a collaborative mindset and ability to work with varying and changing needs
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills
· Must possess ability to meet deadlines.
· Duty to interact professionally within the department, the campus and the national community
· Must possess ability to work extended days, work nights, weekends and potentially holidays, as required, with some travel
· Ability to operate and carry camera equipment (up to 25 lbs)
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.