Assists in the management, scheduling, and administration of game operations and events for university Athletic facilities.
1. Manage event contracts, fee structures, and rental agreements associated with use of the athletic facilities.
2. Manages facility reservations for all non-athletic events requested.
3. Serves and the liaison between departments, vendors, and contractors for facility/venue inquires.
4. Prepare and maintain documentation for facility use and provide reports when needed.
5. May assist with event set-up and break-down of athletic venues.
6. Coordinate game operations for specific sports events as directed.
7. Coordinate UH athletic camps conducted in athletic facilities.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: Additional Duties: Support special event operations as assigned for third-party events
Houston is the nation’s fourth largest city that offers a great quality of life that includes affordable housing options in excellent school districts, world-class arts, pro sports, award-winning cuisine and employment opportunities in numerous industries throughout the region.
The University of Houston is located in close proximity to the Texas Medical Center, which is home to The MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Medical School, Michael E. DeBakey Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, and Baylor College of Medicine, among other institutions. This environment is rich in potential for numerous collaborative opportunities.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.