The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), an NCAA DI institution and member of Conference USA, is seeking an Associate Athletics Director for Compliance. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Athletics. The position is responsible for all aspects of NCAA athletics compliance for UAB Athletics.
Job duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Oversees and ensures all processes, procedures, and systems necessary to direct the Athletic Department in complying with NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations for 18 varsity sport programs.
• Serves as primary contact with Conference Office, NCAA Eligibility Center, National Letter of Intent Office and NCAA Membership Services.
• Develop and implement athletics compliance policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with institutional, NCAA, and conference regulations; monitor institutional and outside financial aid, benefits; recruiting, personnel, and playing/practice seasons; summer camps/clinics.
• Provides NCAA & conference rules education and interpretation programs for administrators, coaches, support staff, student-athletes, booster groups, campus partners/constituents that promotes culture of compliance and institutional control.
• Responsible for filing all required NCAA and conference forms, reports, waivers, and appeals for review and approval prior to submission to governing authority (e.g., NCAA Squad Lists; eligibility certifications; APR, etc.).
• Manage student-athlete records in the applicable database (Compliance Assistant).
• Collect and compile required departmental and NCAA eligibility forms.
• Oversee all recruiting monitoring systems, including phone logs, contact evaluation forms, etc.
• Coordinates investigation of known and/or alleged rules violations, keeps the Director of Athletics informed of all alleged and known violations, and handles all correspondence with the NCAA and affiliated conferences regarding rules violations and follow up responses.
• Administer athletic team eligibility, continuing education meetings and manage all resulting paperwork.
• Ensures that all student-athletes (including transfer students) are eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics programs, including certifying the continuing eligibility of current student-athletes.
• Prepare National Letters of Intent and Financial Aid agreements.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate is preferred. Five years of relevant experience is required. Preferred experience will include experience at an NCAA Division I-FBS institution.
Internal Number: T58637
Known for its innovative and interdisciplinary approach to education at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, the University of Alabama at Birmingham is an internationally renowned research university and academic medical center and the state of Alabama’s largest single employer, with an economic impact exceeding $7 billion annually on the state.