The Assistant Sports Information Director will report to the Sports Information Director and be a department liaison for all athletic media and communications. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance and updating of team and individual statistics for all of Keiser University’s inter-collegiate athletic programs and game day oversight of statistics, streaming broadcast, and/or game day staff. This includes creating weekly/bi-weekly updates for Keiser University athletic program newsletter, Virtual Connection in social media as well as maintenance of the athletic department website. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission and vision.
Responsibilities: Assistant Sports Information Director will:
• As Assistant Sport Information Director there is a responsibility to maintain and update the conference, NAIA and programs on individual statistics for all intercollegiate athletic programs.
• Maintain information on Athletics webpage to include:
-Updating scores, providing game recaps, coach/player interviews and live broadcasts.
-Player Biographies with video clips and interviews.
-Archives of player and game statistics.
-History and record books of all athletic teams.
• Work closely with all members of the Keiser coaching staff to ensure all statistics are accurate.
• Create weekly/bi-weekly updates for athletic program newsletter, social media and Virtual Connection.
• Work closely with sport’s media to keep them informed and updated with all stats required and meet media deadlines.
• Build and maintain relationships with reporters covering Keiser University athletics.
• Meet with reporters and columnists about upcoming games and events. Submit articles and scores to local newspapers and writers.
• Email Internet blogs, websites and columns covering the sports programs Keiser University offers.
• Communicate with and submit scores and information as needed to The Sun Conference and any other athletic conference Keiser University is associated with (NAIA). Attend all conference Sport’s Information Director meetings.
• Input of all new rosters and schedules
• Synch all stat programs together between NAIA-Sun Conference-Keiser
• Assist in taking group photos and headshots for all athletes and teams
• Assist in the designing, creating and implementation of athletic media guides and quick facts
• Design, write and oversee the production of printed promotional materials including catalogs, brochures, flyers and program/media guides
• Manage and/or oversee the press box and or scoring tables for all athletic contests including oversight of the statistics crew, press requests, scoring table personnel, and screening of all public service announcements
• Staff and manage the broadcasting and live filming of athletic contests.
• Assist with all other duties as assigned.
Expectations: Assistant Sports Information Director is expected to:
• Submit all required assignments on or before designated due dates.
• Report any known violations or concerns to administration
• Conform to all Athletic Department policies and procedures as required.
• Represent Keiser University and the Athletic Department as a team player, as a professional, and as a role model for all student-athletes.
• Attend regularly scheduled Athletic Department Staff meetings.
• Possess a valid CPR Certification
• Work cooperatively and in coordination with the Director of Special Events and Public Relations
• Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Have 3-5 years of advanced collegiate sports information experience.
• Have strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
• Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
• Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
• Skill in the use of all computers and related software applications
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Willingness to learn Microsoft Office Suite Programs, Adobe Photoshop, and Dak Stats.
Internal Number: 1195881
About Keiser University
Keiser University, is the Flagship/Residential Campus of the 17 Florida locations. KU is a Level VI, regionally accredited university by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Students are pursuing degrees in over 100 doctoral, specialist, master’s, bachelor’s, and associate fields. KU Athletics are a member of the NAIA and Sun Conference.