| The Director of Operations in Winston-Salem will work in a dual role as an Account Manager at a location yet to be determined. The Account Manager will also act as the lead event manager on game day where he/she will be asked to solve problems and identify needs and concerns from an operational perspective. He/she will coordinate all aspects of an account based out of a satellite office including but not limited to Football and Basketball, and other events for area clients. |
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with client representatives from venue and attend meetings at the venue as needed.
2. Develop budget planning for all operations and accomplish objectives within the allotted budget.
3. Responsible for Human Resources aspects of employees of the Winston-Salem and Durham branch including hiring, training, scheduling, payroll, and terminations. Corporate support will be provided
4. Directly oversee operations including staff at the venue and ensure/monitor the quality of event operations for venue.
5. Ensure adherence to all administrative policies and procedures.
6. Responsible for billing and tracking of invoices to and from clients and vendors.
7. Ensure compliance with all human resources policies and procedures, including hiring procedures.
8. Identify potential process improvements to include cost savings and increased revenue.
9. Oversee staffing levels, working with supervisors prior to the event to ensure event is fully staffed.
10. Resolve guest related issues addressing needs or concerns as they arise.
11. Prepare and submit post event reports.
12. Proactively communicate with all levels and work collaboratively with Corporate; Human Resources, Accounting, Operations etc.
13. Other duties related to Rhino Sports and Entertainment Services including but not limited to:
a. Parking Management – scheduling, implementation, patterns, meetings
i. Supervise quality control, staffing calls, tracking hours, and creating parking lot job descriptions.
b. Billing – assist in preparation of bills and estimates and ensure all billing takes place in a timely manner and is in compliance with company policies and procedures.
c. Grow the client list in Winston Salem. Compensation for account growth is based on sales.
d. Assist with coordinating and implementing annual events as needed in association with Rhino contracts. Participate in the planning and execution for various special events to be held on behalf of other clients.
e. Hire and Supervise one or more educational interns to assist in all projects. These would be unpaid positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Equivalent work experience to satisfy the needs of the position.
2. Maintaining an up-to-date security license personally and on behalf of the company is also required after position begins. 3. Demonstrate positive leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills to aid in training new employees.
4. Must be willing to take direction and lead by example.
5. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Speaking in front of large groups and conducting training will be required.
6. Must be computer literate and have working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Must be able to respond to change in a positive and productive way.
8. Must exhibit an emphasis on customer service.
9. Demonstrate organization and attention to small yet critical details.
10. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
11. Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
Working Conditions Fast paced environment at venue during event days. Longer hours/days are necessary. Frequently required to work, evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Must be able to move in a quick, energetic manner. Long periods of sitting while on the phone and the computer are common. Long periods of standing and constant movement around event area is expected on event days.
The above declarations are not intended to an “all inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and be a reasonable representation of its activities.
Candidate will ensure compliance with all NCAA, ACC, and Rhino Sports regulations, as well as sportsmanship and conduct guidelines. Candidate must be able to manage several projects at once, delegate duties when necessary, work independently, and strong organizational skills. Position functions under general supervision of the Vice President of Operations and a Regional Manager. Incumbent functions with significant independence in the management of day to day duties and responsibilities. Bachelor’s degree and NCAA college athletic experience or professional football experience.
Candidate will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed. Master’s degree preferred.