Welcome to the NJCAA Career Center - a member of the Sports & Athletics Career Network. The NJCAA Career Center features job opportunities in intercollegiate athletics throughout the country at all levels - NJCAA, NCAA, NAIA and more. Please note that job opportunities are provided and posted by the specific college/organization in need.
Take the next step in your college-athletics career today by creating an account, reviewing job postings and submitting a resume.
This position falls under the direct supervision of the Community Relations Director on the Allendale campus of Grand Valley State University. The Graduate Intern will assist in overseeing the Tickets/Community Relations Department, supervise a staff of 12 student employees and work to boost attendance at ticketed athletic events through ticket sales. This position will require roughly 25 hours per week in the Athletic Ticket Office. A monthly stipend of $1,000 will be given ($12,000 per year), as well as the cost coverage of 9 credit hours per semester of Graduate School (Limit of 18 credits per calendar year).
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist with single game ticket sales for the following GVSU varsity sports: Football, Women’s Soccer, Volleyball, Men’s & Women’s Basketball, Indoor Track & Field, Outdoor Track & Field, Swimming & Diving and Lacrosse.
• Assist with Season Ticket Renewal/Sales for Football, Men’s Basketball & Women’s Basketball
• Creation of all ticket offers within the ticketing software (Veritix)
• Updating and maintaining accurate records of all activities and sales in ticketing database (Veritix)
• Hiring, training and supervision of all ticket office student staff.
• Creation and management of student staff schedules (office hours & events)
• Leadership weekly meetings of the student staff including continuous customer service & communication training.
• Increase of Group Ticket Sales (National Anthem signers, school groups, Special Olympics, Youth teams etc.)
• Coordination of events on campus involving group ticket sales (ie: Scout Night)
• Required to act as Box Office Manager for most all home ticketed events.
• Management of will call and complementary tickets for all ticketed events.
• Promotion of ticket packages & faculty/staff discount both on and off campus.
• Management of logistics for football season ticket mailer.
• Renewal and support of existing season ticket holders. • Provide effective communication with general public through box office hours, phone, and digitally to provide the most up-to-date ticket information and address all inquiries.
• Development of new business through outbound calls and emails to past buyers and prospects.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Admission to a Master’s degree program at Grand Valley State University
Flexible schedule with availability on nights and weekends
Prior ticket sales/box office experience, including proper training in ticketing software
Management or supervisory experience
Excellence in verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work well in a group or team setting
Superb organizational, leadership and time management skills
Ability to work independently, quickly and under pressure
Ability to balance multiple responsibilities, including independent ownership of projects
Ability to prioritize projects and tasks and be mindful of timelines
Grand Valley State University is a public liberal arts university located in Allendale, Michigan. The University was established in 1960 and its main campus is situated on 1,322 acres approximately 12 miles west of Grand Rapids. Grand Valley is one of the largest Universities in the state of Michigan with an enrollment of roughly 25,460 students and 3,000 employees. In addition to the main campus ...in Allendale, Grand Valley also has a growing campus in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. For more information about Grand Valley State University please visit: https://www.gvsu.edu