The successful candidate will report to the Director – Digital Content & Strategy. Duties include:
- Executing designs for web, interactive media and multimedia projects, including websites, social media, emails, banner ads, presentations, sales materials and videos, as well as corporate marketing and promotional materials.
- Creating visually compelling multimedia content using motion, animation, video, sound, UI user interface design and/or UX user experience and distributing across all Big 12 communications platforms.
- Supporting all phases of multimedia work: preproduction; story boarding; design; production; post production; and distribution.
- Supporting Director – Digital Content & Strategy to create designs that meet the needs of internal and external communications and business partners.
- Working on a wide range of design projects including branding, print collateral, email marketing, event materials, social media, web, multimedia and digital initiatives, among others.
- Conceptualizing new ideas to create original multimedia content and re-packaging multimedia content highlights from Big 12 member schools and media partners.
- Serving as the primary multimedia design contact while working with Conference staff, member schools and media partners, as
- Supporting the maintenance of the Big 12 content library and Big 12 website.
- Contributing to communications activities and team, as
- Additional duties, as
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have 2 – 4 years of relevant multimedia content development experience and proven ability to ensure the quality of work throughout all phases of every project. Candidates also should have a strong working knowledge of multimedia design and production processes, including proven skills using web, multimedia, photography and video editing and graphic editing software, including:
- Adobe Creative, including proficiency in Illustrator, lnDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Acrobat Pro
- Proficiency in HTML, HTML 5 and CSS
- Working experience with Exact Target a plus
An aptitude and passion for college sports is preferred as a successful candidate must be able to produce multimedia designs that reflect a unique insight and access into Big 12 programs. Previous professional experience in sports-related multimedia design and production is desired.
Applicants must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to produce a high volume of assignments using strong organizational skills is required. Candidates will have excellent problem-solving, time management and creative thinking skills and will be expected to take direction and initiative, acting in accordance with the core values of the Big 12 Conference.
Some travel is required, as is weekend work.
For full consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by June 2, 2017 to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, Texas 75062
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit Big12Sports.com.