Welcome to the NJCAA Career Center - a member of the Sports & Athletics Career Network. The NJCAA Career Center features job opportunities in intercollegiate athletics throughout the country at all levels - NJCAA, NCAA, NAIA and more. Please note that job opportunities are provided and posted by the specific college/organization in need.
Take the next step in your college-athletics career today by creating an account, reviewing job postings and submitting a resume.
The position of Head Coach is full-time position responsible for all duties associated with coaching a specific sport, successfully raising additional funds annually, and performing ancillary duties as assigned. Ancillary duties may include, but are not limited to: monitoring academic achievement for athletes of all sports, assisting with assuring NJCAA compliance for all teams, supervising training and/or conditioning for athletes of all sports, serving as CDLcertified driver, and assisting with campus security as necessary.
• Recruit and mentor quality student-athletes with an ultimate goal of graduating a significant percentage of recruited athletics within two years. Oversee all operations of the assigned team or teams.
• Achieve specific fund-raising goals as established by the Athletic Director and President annually.
• Perform ancillary duties as assigned.
• Foster a customer service environment for fellow employees, students, and visitors. Be an Ambassador for the College. Support the college’s initiative to maximize retention of current students and enable students to finish their collegiate goals.
• Comply with all policies of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, the ACCS Chancellor’s Office, and the College.
• Participate in College functions (Award and Honor events, Alumni Homecoming, Commencement, Parson Days, etc.)
• Assume other work related responsibilities as assigned by the appropriately assigned College administrator.
Snead State Community College began its tradition of educational excellence in 1898. It is the mission of Snead State to provide educational opportunities and enhance the quality of life for the community – a mission that has carried the College through 111 years of success. No matter what educational or career path you choose, Snead State is the place to set the foundation for your college career.... Snead State Community College offers the complete college experience with quality instruction and an active campus life.
Located in the heart of Sand Mountain, the Boaz campus of Snead State Community College is within driving distance of Birmingham and Huntsville. The 43-acre campus contains instructional facilities, athletic facilities, a dormitory, Learning Resource Center, and cafeteria, all designed to meet the needs of students.
Snead State Community College has 10 different sports teams consisting of men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, women’s volleyball, women’s tennis, men’s and women’s golf, dance and cheer. Snead’s athletic department believes in academic first. In the last three years, over 90% of all sophomores have graduated and department GPA has been over 3.10.
Snead State Community College is the oldest community college in Alabama to award the two-year Associate’s Degree. The affordable tuition, challenging curriculum, cutting-edge technology, and knowledgeable and experienced faculty and staff tie together to prepare students for their future.