Welcome to the NJCAA Career Center - a member of the Sports & Athletics Career Network. The NJCAA Career Center features job opportunities in intercollegiate athletics throughout the country at all levels - NJCAA, NCAA, NAIA and more. Please note that job opportunities are provided and posted by the specific college/organization in need.
Take the next step in your college-athletics career today by creating an account, reviewing job postings and submitting a resume.
The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a well-qualified individual for our Assistant Athletics Director- Event Management & Game Day Experience.
Job duties include:
1. Supervise and direct the work of two full-time Event Managers and two full-time Marketing Associates.
2. Assist with formulation and direct implementation of sport-specific marketing plans for all intercollegiate sports and events sponsored by the University.
3. Oversee event management responsibilities for all intercollegiate athletic events on campus or related venues.
4. Work closely with the Associate Athletics Director for Facilities to ensure venue readiness and cooperative staffing of events.
5. Create, implement, and supervise event checklists for all intercollegiate events.
6. Oversee and direct game presentation efforts including: development and execution of game presentation scripts, video board operations, in-game promotions, fan giveaways and direction of staff, interns, and volunteers.
7. Develop new concepts that enhance game day presentation at all sports including corporate sponsors and traditional elements.
8. Primary point of contact for all hosted conference championships.
Apply at https://jobs.utsa.edu/
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Marketing, Sports Management, Communications or related field
Experience and Other Skills Required
5 years of experience in event operations and/or marketing in an intercollegiate athletics environment.
3 years of experience hiring, training and managing full time game day staff and/or contractors.
Thorough knowledge of all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
3 years of experience writing game scripts and producing events.
Ability to create budgets, manage expenses and negotiate vendor and personnel contracts.
Tact, diplomacy, and discretion required in all matters.
Must be an effective communicator, with a strong ability to relate well to students and staff, as well as the community.
Project Management Experience
Preferred Experience and Other Skills
7 years of experience in event operations and/or marketing in an intercollegiate athletics environment.
2 years of experience managing social media campaigns.
Experience with Adobe Create Suite and Sound Director software.
Experience in selecting venues and negotiating site contracts.
Guest service management experience.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with Experience
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas Syste...m and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.