Welcome to the NJCAA Career Center - a member of the Sports & Athletics Career Network. The NJCAA Career Center features job opportunities in intercollegiate athletics throughout the country at all levels - NJCAA, NCAA, NAIA and more. Please note that job opportunities are provided and posted by the specific college/organization in need.
Take the next step in your college-athletics career today by creating an account, reviewing job postings and submitting a resume.
California State University San Marcos seeks an Assistant Director of Athletics, Communications for their Athletics department. The Assistant Director of Athletics, Communications has leadership, direction and operational responsibilities for the promotion of CSUSM intercollegiate athletics, both to the campus community and the external community, and has significant impact on the success of the CSUSM sports information program and department as a whole.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY SAN MARCOS: AN OVERVIEW
Come join our campus located in North San Diego County just 10 miles east of the beautiful Pacific coast and less than 40 miles north of downtown San Diego. California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) is a modern, forward-thinking university, fueled by the collective innovation and determination of a transformational team. CSUSM is one of the largest employers in North San Diego County, where people are proud to come to work and be a part of something great. Our unwavering commitment to a “People First” philosophy supports a culture in which every employee is a leader, “empowered to decide, change and shape our future.”
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, long term health care, retirement plans, educational assistance, life insurance, paid holidays, and generous vacation and sick leave benefits.
CSUSM is a recipient of the Chronicle’s 2014 Great College to work for. We’re looking for high impact employees to join our team. If you have what it takes - come grow with us at CSUSM!
Minimum Qualifications include:
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of related journalism/communications or athletic administration experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Class C California Driver’s License.
Background in higher education communications or public relations.
Two years’ experience in leadership role as a Sports Information Director at a NCAA institution.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
For position specifications, benefits summary and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.csusm.edu/jobs and under “Staff & Management Opportunities” click on “Job Openings”. Hearing & speech impaired call our TDD at 760-750-3238
Direct your questions to:
Additional Salary Information: Salary and Position Status:
• Regular, Full-time, probationary position
• Salary Range: $3,515 – 5,704 per month
• Opening Date: April 3, 2017. This position is open with a first review of applications beginning April 18, 2017. For assurance of full consideration, applications and supporting materials should be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on April 17, 2017.
• This position is subject to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Come join our campus located in North San Diego County just 10 miles east of the beautiful Pacific coast and less than 40 miles north of downtown San Diego. California State University San Marcos was founded as the 20th campus in the California State University system, which now has 23 campuses. We are a rapidly growing, diverse university with a commitment to employee training and development.... Enrollment at California State University San Marcos has grown to 14,000. We seek to hire the most talented, inspiring and dedicated professionals available.
The CSUSM Department of Athletics is a provisional member of NCAA Division II and is competing in the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). The CCAA is a highly competitive conference made up of eleven California State Universities and UCSD.