| BASIC FUNCTION: This position serves as the lead fan engagement, signage/decor and community representative for select championships and ancillary events. This includes working with key contacts at member insitutions and conferences, local organizing committees, corporate champions and partners and other NCAA employees to coordinate logistics, manage event budgets and direct on-site delivery. Serve as the secondary representative for any in-venue presentation and other ancillary events at assigned championships. Anticipated championship assignments include Women’s Final Four, Women’s College World Series, Division II Festival and other projects/championships as assigned. |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Management and delivery of fan festivals and autograph sessions at assigned championships.
2. Aid in the development and management of Corporate Champions and Partners (CCP) activations while preserving the image of the NCAA brand in content, presentation and experience between the audience, local community, student-athletes and the local organizing committee (LOC).
3. Coordination and staff liaison for the student-athlete banquet at assigned championships; duties include budget development and oversight, run of show, location, menu options and guest speakers.
4. Management and implementation of special events at assigned championships (i.e. dribbles, fun runs, red carpet arrivals, pep rallies); duties include budget development and oversight, logistics (e.g. route selection, run of show, event management), signage design and installation, guest speakers and event management company oversight (if necessary) while fulfilling all (if any) sponsorship needs and requirements.
5. Management and coordination of personnel and volunteers.
6. Collaborate with the marketing group and media services to ensure that the ancillary events are communicated and promoted successfully.
7. Actively participate in the working groups (internal and external) meetings, conference calls and site visits for assigned championships.
8. Develop and communicate the ancillary events portion of the pre-championship conference calls as well as the pre-championship administrative meetings.
9. Fulfill contractual obligations with CCP’s through fan activations and event sponsorships.
10. Represent the corporate relations staff onsite at championships when CCP representatives are not in attendance for activations.
11. Provide schedule of events and other relevant written descriptions for the Host Manual, Participation Manual, fan guides and NCAA.com.
12. Oversee the development of the activation opportunity guide around NCAA championships.
13. Manage assigned championships budgets for all ancillary events. This also includes tracking, coding and approving invoices.
14. Lead efforts to update ancillary event content and provide new concepts for assigned championships as part of the sponsorship opportunities being offered to CCP’s for assigned championships.
15. Aid in the development of new revenue streams via engagement opportunities for corporate champions and partners.
a. Championship and Alliances staffs (daily). b. Short’s Travel – PlanningPoint registration system (weekly). c. Accounting (bi-weekly).
a. General public (daily). b. Membership (daily). c. Events contractor, creative agency, third-party business partners, suppliers and vendors (daily). d. Representatives of host institutions, conferences, facilities and local organizing committees related to miscellaneous championship policies (weekly). e. Committees (occasionally).