Welcome to the NJCAA Career Center - a member of the Sports & Athletics Career Network. The NJCAA Career Center features job opportunities in intercollegiate athletics throughout the country at all levels - NJCAA, NCAA, NAIA and more. Please note that job opportunities are provided and posted by the specific college/organization in need.
Take the next step in your college-athletics career today by creating an account, reviewing job postings and submitting a resume.
1. Assist in the day-to-day operation of Tulane Athletics department’s strategic communications office.
2. Assist in aggressively publicizing and promoting Tulane Athletics as the primary contact for selected sports. Promote assigned sports via news releases, digital and social media, e-mail communications, and phone calls; and performs all communications duties (requests for information, interviews, etc.) for assigned sports with the goal of increasing positive exposure for Tulane Athletics, and assists with day-to-day operation of the Athletics department strategic communications office.
3. Demonstrate basic writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills, and be willing to work selected nights and weekends. Possess basic computer skills and experience with website content management systems, STAT CREW Software, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat) and Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Premiere).
4. Assist with the coordination of home event operations for assigned sports, and be willing to assist with the game operations for other home events as needed.
5. Assist with the production (writing, editing, and design) of publications (including media guides, records books and game programs) for assigned sports, and be willing to assist with the production of publications for other sports as needed.
6. Assist in maintaining departmental media archives, including statistics, media guides, records books, game programs, photographs, clips, news releases and multimedia content.
7. Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends, and available to travel with sport teams for selected away contests.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a communications or related field. Previous experience working in a communications or related department in a sports environment is preferred.
Instructions to Apply: Submit via email a cover letter (please include your graduate program interests and goals after graduate school), resume and the names and phone numbers of three (3) references (two professional and one personal) in a single .PDF document to Scottie Rodgers, Associate Athletics Director, Strategic Communications, at email@example.com.
Deadline: Deadline for applications is April 15, 2017.
Additional Salary Information: Graduate Assistant positions are 12-month appointments. The individuals in these positions will receive tuition/fees, books, meal plan and an $1,200/month stipend. Candidates must be accepted to a graduate program within Tulane University, as well as be enrolled for the fall, spring and summer terms to receive the stipend.
Founded in 1834, Tulane is one of the most highly regarded and selective independent research universities in the United States. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, we take pride in being a part of this select group of 62 universities with “pre-eminent programs of graduate and professional education and scholarly research.” Our schools and colleges offer undergraduate......, graduate and professional degrees in the liberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, social work, medicine and public health and tropical medicine. With a sixteen-sport program that competes in the American Athletic Conference, Tulane Athletics is on the rise, boasting one of the oldest and most storied athletics programs in the Southeast, and indeed the nation.