Welcome to the NJCAA Career Center - a member of the Sports & Athletics Career Network. The NJCAA Career Center features job opportunities in intercollegiate athletics throughout the country at all levels - NJCAA, NCAA, NAIA and more. Please note that job opportunities are provided and posted by the specific college/organization in need.
Take the next step in your college-athletics career today by creating an account, reviewing job postings and submitting a resume.
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Athletic Director for Game Operations/Events. The Assistant Athletic Director will be a member of the senior leadership team within the athletic department.
The applicant will: 1. Manage game day operations for home athletic events. Manage and direct the use of Memorial Hall and external athletic venues. Game Day Administrator at home athletic events.
2. Plan, manage, and supervise special events occurring during the academic year in conjunction with home athletic events (i.e. Make A Wish Reveal, Operations Nighthawks of Honor, PBC Conference and National Tournaments). Primary athletics contact with Health & Physical Education Department, Aramark, Corp of Cadets, and Continuing Education.
3. Hire, train, manage, and schedule student employees working athletic events.
4. Supervise ticket personnel at athletic events. Responsible for cash handling and reporting receipts of all ticket sales.
5. Direct the maintenance and repair of all athletic venues. Manage and oversight of all athletic renovation and construction projects. Liaison between athletic department and Director of Plant Operations.
6. Perform any additional duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Experience and knowledge of athletic equipment, facilities, game operations and event planning.
Knowledge of sports management, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Strong oral and written communication skills; computer skills; problem solving skills.
Ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and a large caseload in a positive, efficient, and effective manner.
Ability to make suggestions for new policies and procedures or recommend changes that will enhance the Department of Athletics.
The University of North Georgia is a state supported, co-educational four-year liberal arts institution know for its academic excellence. The campus is located an hour north of Atlanta in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in historic Dahlonega, GA. The institution sponsors 13 NCAA intercollegiate athletic teams.