Welcome to the NJCAA Career Center - a member of the Sports & Athletics Career Network. The NJCAA Career Center features job opportunities in intercollegiate athletics throughout the country at all levels - NJCAA, NCAA, NAIA and more. Please note that job opportunities are provided and posted by the specific college/organization in need.
Take the next step in your college-athletics career today by creating an account, reviewing job postings and submitting a resume.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), an NCAA DI institution and member of Conference USA, is seeking a Creative Services Specialist. This position serves as the primary in house graphic designer and creative content producer for UAB Athletics. Position reports to Associate Athletics Director for Marketing and is an integral part of the external team. Individual will be asked to manage the athletics brand, provide photographic services for the athletic department, and assist with digital marketing, digital media, and social media initiatives. Duties include the following:
• Work collaboratively with external team to coordinate and produce all video content for promotional and branding purposes. Projects include hype videos, spirit elements, social media interactives, website features, etc.
• Primary graphic designer for marketing and communications departments. Projects include schedule cards, schedule posters, ticket order forms, fan guides, flyers, social media graphics, infographics, advertising graphics, sales pieces, website design/layout, etc.
• Develop new ways to promote the 18 athletic teams and the department's mission statement while taking advantage of emerging technology. Stay current on graphics trends and techniques to the sports design industry, and learn and incorporate them at UAB.
• Assist with overarching sports marketing, communication, public relation campaigns, and sales campaigns.
• Assist with the creation of marketing, communication, and creative content to engage with fans
Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic arts/design, media, marketing or related field and three (3) years of related work experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement. Proficiency required in Adobe Creative Suite and Video production software including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X along with knowledge of digital and DSLR camera equipment.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated professional experience with managing written and visual content for a variety of platforms. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as content management experience. Must have outstanding work ethic and strict attention to detail. Creativity and strong passion for sports preferred.
Applications must be submitted online via the UAB HR website at www.uab.edu/jobs and are not accepted via mail, email or fax.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
A world-renowned research university and medical center — a first choice for education and healthcare.
Bold. Ambitious. A bit audacious.
This is how such a vision might have seemed in UAB’s formative years, when a fledgling university and medical center in Birmingham set its sights on international prominence…
In 1936, when the University of Alabama established a modest extension center ...in a two-story clapboard house, with an enrollment of 116 students...
In 1945, when The Medical College of Alabama was established in Birmingham, and sought to recruit some of the brightest scientific and medical minds from around the globe...
Or in 1969, when these and other programs merged into the autonomous campus of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, whose first president laid out a vision so lofty that it struck some of his own faculty as “crazy”...
In the four decades since, this young, dynamic university has thrived on that same boldness and innovation to continue pushing the frontiers in science, medicine, business, education, the arts and the humanities – and has garnered national and international respect.